Privacy Statement (for customers)
The objective of this Privacy Statement is to explain the type and categories of personal data gathered by World Game Changers (referred as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ in this document), why this personal data is gathered and how the data is processed in a simple and transparent manner. The statement also describes how the personal data is stored, protected, transferred, and explains data protection rights of the data subjects. The policy applies to you if you are:
- Past, present and potential clients, donors or members of WGC
- Anyone involved in any operation or service with WGC in personal capacity or as part of a legal entity
- A visitor of our website
- A member of our social media group or page
In legal terms, we are the controller of your personal data.
2. TYPE OF DATA WE PROCESS
The Personal Data we process includes:
- Personal Identity data: full name and email through contact form.
- Financial data, such as invoices, credit notes, etc.
- Data about your interests and needs, that you fill in via the contact form message or through email.
For information the online behaviour and preference data that we may collect through pages you visit on our website, social media and or podcast is at aggregated level and does not include any personally identifiable information.
2.1 SENSITIVE DATA
We do not collect any Sensitive data. By sensitive data, we mean that reveals your political, health, criminal, biometric or identification information. We encourage you not to share this type of data through the contact form or via email.
2.2 CHILDREN´S DATA
We do not ask children to submit their personal data. As part of our youth activities, we may collect and keep information of those under the age of 16 years based on consent from their parents.
3. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We only use your personal data under one of the following legal grounds:
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To complete and carry out our contract with you.
- To accomplish our legitimate business interests. These include:
- Provide you a community/network.
- When we have taken a consent from you. In this case, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Send you news through newsletter if subscribed.
We may also process your data for the following purposes:
- Administrative use
- Customer relationships management
- Internal or external reporting, etc.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
Most of the data that we process is received from you directly. This is done when you:
- Contact us through the contact form online.
- Send us a feedback through an email.
- Use or view our website after accepting browser cookies.
We may also collect aggregated data from the following indirect sources:
- Donation to WGC through PayPal.
- Youtube and Omny (podcast)
The aggregated data is not considered personal data as it cannot identify you as a person in itself or in combination with other data.
5. HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We have implemented internal policies to ensure safety and protection of your data. We save your personal data at locations that offer adequate protection.
The security precautions taken by our company to ensure your personal data is always secured are listed below:
- All members of the organisation are subject to confidentiality
- Access restrictions to website and emails
- Password confidentiality
Your personal data is saved with us as per our retention policy and is subject to requirements of other applicable laws. For example, forfinancial records are kept for a minimum of 6 years. Once retention period is reached, we will archive or delete your data using Secure-delete methods or shredding.
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH AND WHY?
In an increasingly competitive world, we work with companies and partners to ensure services to you. We share your personal data with other entities in our company or with external companies. These include:
- Development and maintenance of our website
- Communications via emails and social media
- Law enforcement agencies and judicial authorities
When working with third parties, we ask them to sign a contract or non-disclosure agreement. All our staff is bound by non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement.
7. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Each data subject’s personal data is important to us and we respect your data protection rights. We ensure that you are aware of your rights.
We aim to respond to your request as quickly as possible and resolve it in 30 days. In certain legal cases, we may deny your request. If it’s legally permitted, we will let you know why we denied it, in due course.
8. CONTACT US
If you have any queries or want to know more about our data protection policies or need more details on how we use your personal data, you can contact us using the following details:
You can contact the Data Protection Authority at UK Information Commissioner’s Office
Version No: 1
Date of Publishing: May 2021
Last updated on: May 2021